Practice Areas

Kowski Law Office represents clients in immigration cases, with a focus on immigrant visas and waivers. This includes:

  • I-130 Petitions filed by U.S. citizens or permanent residents on behalf of family members who want to live permanently in the United States
  • I-129F Fiance Petitions and Fiance Visas and the subsequent application for permanent resident status
  • I-730 Refugee/Asylee Petitions
  • Immigrant Visa applications
  • Applications for individuals who entered the United States without a visa or other travel documents and want to obtain legal status in the United States through their U.S. citizen or permanent resident family member
  • Waivers for inadmissibility grounds such as unlawful presence, criminal convictions, fraud and prior deportations

Attorney Jennifer Kowski-Dahlberg has represented clients applying for visas in countries around the world including Mexico, Canada, El Salvador, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Ukraine, Vietnam, Philippines and India.

Services Available

Full Representation

In full representation, Jennifer represents you from start to finish. She prepares your forms and application package, submits all documents to the government, communicates with the government on your behalf, prepares you for your interview and answers your questions and concerns throughout the process. If you are scheduled for an interview in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Jennifer will attend the interview with you. Most cases are charged a flat fee and monthly payment plans are available.

Limited Representation

If you want to handle your immigration case on your own but you need help with a small portion of your case, Jennifer can meet with you to offer brief advice or assistance. Some examples include reviewing and explaining notices from immigration, legal research, inquiring into the status of pending applications or attending interviews. You are welcome to schedule a consultation prior to hiring Jennifer for Limited Representation but it is generally not needed. Schedule your appointment now.

Who can I bring to the United States?

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you can petition for family members to live permanently in the United States.

  • If you are a citizen, you can petition for your spouse, fiancé, children, parents (if you are over 21) and your siblings.
  • If you are a permanent resident, you can petition for your spouse, children under 21 and unmarried sons and daughters over 21.

Regardless of your immigration status in the United States, you cannot petition for your grandparents, grandchildren, uncles and aunts, nieces and nephews or cousins.

How do I bring my family member or fiancé to the United States? 

The process to bring a family member or fiancé to the United States involves filing a petition and an immigrant visa application. Depending on your family member’s history, he or she may also need a waiver for a ground of inadmissibility such as unlawful presence, a criminal conviction, prior deportation or fraud. Your family member will have an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. If the visa is approved, your family member will become a permanent resident (green card holder) upon entering the United States.

My spouse entered the United States without a visa or other travel document. What can we do? 

Many people in this situation will need to go through the process described above in addition to applying for a waiver for unlawful presence. In order to receive the waiver, the immigrant must show that his or her U.S citizen or permanent resident spouse, son or daughter will suffer extreme hardship if the immigrant is not allowed to be in the U.S.

Schedule Appointment